Launched last year with 11 leading Indian authors, Write India is a unique platform where we inspire, encourage and evaluate good writing with the help of established authors. An unprecedented crowd-sourced short story contest, Write India attracts people of all ages and professions and has already turned many dreams into reality. Of the 111 winners declared for Season 1, 33 have already been printed, while many others are in the process of being published. Embarking on our second season, we are all set to uncover more of India’s story-telling potential with a panel of 10 star authors! Come, write with us, India!
Submit Your Story here :
Submission start end date : 06 January 2018 to 30 January 2018
Write India Rules
1. Read carefully the passage provided by the author. You can use it anywhere in your story.
2. Each author has provided some rules. If your story does not abide by the rules, it shall be considered disqualified.
3. DO NOT tamper with the Author passage. Entries with ‘split’ passage or with any kind of change in the passage will be disqualified.
4. Stick to a minimum of 1500 words and a maximum of 3000 words.
5. The story must be written in English. Be careful with your editing, grammar and punctuation. Though we are primarily looking for good storytellers, language skill will strengthen your case in case of a tie.
6. Please submit your story before or on the last day of the contest for it to be considered. Only entries submitted till midnight of every 30th will be considered.
7. If you send more than one entry, please remember we will be considering only the last one sent.
8. DO NOT upload or email scanned or JPEG files of your story. Such entries will be disqualified.
For more updates and latest news, subscribe Newspaper Cuttings.