Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presents his Budget for the year 2018-19 in Parliament. The budget is largely focused on uplift of agricultural sector, along with major push to healthcare and education sectors in the country. Stay with Times of India for latest updates
* PAN to be used as Unique Entity Number for non- individuals from April 1.
* Govt makes PAN mandatory for any entity entering into a financial transaction of Rs 2.5 lakh or more.
* This budget will accelerate economic growth, it is focused on all sectors: PM Modi
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi praises his finance minister Arun Jaitley for delivering a budget that is “farmer friendly, common citizen friendly, business environment-friendly and development friendly.”
* Govt’s health scheme to cover 10 crore poor families is world’s largest government-funded health protection scheme.
* Arun Jaitley proposed to tax long term capital gains exceeding Rs 1 lakh at 10 per cent without indexation. Continue reading