Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presents his Budget for the year 2018-19 in Parliament. The budget is largely focused on uplift of agricultural sector, along with major push to healthcare and education sectors in the country. Stay with Times of India for latest updates
* PAN to be used as Unique Entity Number for non- individuals from April 1.
* Govt makes PAN mandatory for any entity entering into a financial transaction of Rs 2.5 lakh or more.
* This budget will accelerate economic growth, it is focused on all sectors: PM Modi
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi praises his finance minister Arun Jaitley for delivering a budget that is “farmer friendly, common citizen friendly, business environment-friendly and development friendly.”
* Govt’s health scheme to cover 10 crore poor families is world’s largest government-funded health protection scheme.
* Arun Jaitley proposed to tax long term capital gains exceeding Rs 1 lakh at 10 per cent without indexation. Continue reading
Posted in Economy, NATIONAL NEWS, New Schemes, Politics
Tagged 2018, arun jaitley, bank p.o., budget 2018, current affairs for govt. exams, finance minister of india, highlights of budget 2018 for exam purpose, ibps, most important points from budget, Narendra modi, new schemes of budget 2018, sbi clerk 2018, ssc cgl 2018, ssc chsl
Ahead of the Union Budget, corporate America has urged Finance Minister Arun Jaitley for further reduction in tax uncertainty for multinational companies and institutional investors, a step which it said would help attract more foreign direct investments to India.
“A significant positive step toward improving the investment climate would be to further reduce tax uncertainty for multinational companies and institutional investors in India,” Nisha Desai Biswal, the president of the Continue reading
Posted in Economy, NATIONAL NEWS, WORLD NEWS
Tagged america, America to india, arun jaitley, budget 2018, corporate policy, economic environment of india, finance minister, indian economy, investment in india, investors, modifications, tax policies, uncertainity